Monday, August 19, 2013

Through the Ringer



Is it fair to put someone through the ringer for past mis-deeds?  When does the statute of limitations run out on "you done me wrong" recriminations?  Is there a way to work out these feelings of hurt and fear without beating someone else up, metaphorically speaking?  I don't know the answer to any of these questions.  Well I know therapy is a possible solution, I'm just not going that route.  I know I never mean the conversations to be mean.  I actually often think I am just talking about what is affecting me.  Maybe I will just share what I am thinking.  It all starts without any malice.  I just want to share my feelings.  But I think I have finally discovered that my feelings are so dark and festering, that to share them with anyone but this blog or a therapist, who might be able to help, is really cruel.  It is pretending to be factual, when in reality I am venomous.

So even tho I am still hurting, it really isn't fair to ask another person to feel as rotten as I do without some sort of solution or healing involved in the conversation.  If one really can't say something constructive about a problem it's time to let it go or get professional help.

Wish it was like this ringer washing machine - EASY!

No comments: