Friday, August 2, 2013

Gallileo, Newton and me

What will I say today?  A friend of mine was working on growing her business and the business coach told her to blog every day for 30 days.  I don't have a business coach, but I would like to.  I love the idea of coaches!  I'm not  sure I have a business and I'm not sure I could sustain one.  But I want to express my creativity.  And I don't want to be stuck any longer.  And since writing has always been the way I make sense of my life, here I am again, writing.  

So, what will I say today?  I've been thinking about physics a lot lately.
What will open my heart and allow me to be more than a passive observer? 
 What disrupts inertia?  Newton's First Law states: 
"An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force."
Could it be my life is too balanced?  It doesn't feel like it.  I don't feel at a point of equilibrium.  I think of balance as good, really good.  But according the laws of the universe, to move beyond being a body at rest, this body needs to be acted upon by an unbalanced force.

"To determine if the forces acting upon an object are balanced or unbalanced, an analysis must first be conducted to determine what forces are acting upon the object and in what direction. If two individual forces are of equal magnitude and opposite direction, then the forces are said to be balanced. An object is said to be acted upon by an unbalanced force only when there is an individual force that is not being balanced by a force of equal magnitude and in the opposite direction."

I'm going to have to think more about what forces are acting upon me.  And of course I don't know if you can apply Newtonian laws to emotional inertia.  But on the other hand it's a whole different way to think and maybe that in itself is an unbalanced force!



For more info on the science, check out The Physics Classroom   

No comments: