Thursday, August 8, 2013

Run Away, Run Away

I am spitting mad!

A whole bunch of things have happened this week that have really pissed me off:  this stupid man I met at the flea market.  (Why I engage in conversations with stupid men I don't know.  I should just ignore them!)  the UPS driver who cut me off today.  tourist drivers where I live.  my best friend constantly trying to fix me.  I told her something that was bothering me and now she keeps harping on it and wanting to know why and make suggestions.  I don't want help, I just wanted a friend to vent to, just someone I can bitch and bellyache with and not all the time, just once in a while.  I am mad she wants to fix me.  I am mad she sees me as a person who needs to be fixed.  And I probably am a little mad at myself that I can't just tell her to stop doing that.  I spend two full days with her every week in a business venture and it makes me feel stuck.   (and I thought this post would have nothing at all to do with stuck-ness.  urghhh)

I hate being mad.  It triggers a rush of adreneline to my system, which turns on the fight or flight response and my response is always to flee!  And then mad turns to scared  or sad and depressed and staying under the covers for days at a time seems the only solution.

There is a wonderful bit  -- "run away, run away," from Monty Python & The Holy Grail., and that is what I am going to do.  Oh and to all those people who have irritated me this week, again I quote Monty Python in a ridiculous French accent:   "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. I blow my nose at you!"



No comments: