Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Ok, so I am over the stuff about my sister. I've talked to DH, who has a really good perspective on all this. He reminded me that this is not the first time I have declared the need to get out of the craziness that is my family. And since my sister not showing up for an event doesn't bother the person for whom the event is being thrown, and it doesn't bother DH or the RRs or even me, why worry?

D'you think it is possible to stop worrying? I don't know. Maybe if one did enough drugs? I'd hate to get addicted. . . that would not exclude worry one little bit! I don't do drugs, legal or otherwise, so best not to start now! Maybe if I looked at it from the other end of the cylander. . . Instead of "Don't Worry . . . " I need to jump to the next part of the song and ". . . Be Happy."

So, I'm gonna try happy as the mode and see if it doesn't get rid of the worry. I do know that if I'm feeling down, all I have to do is sing or listen to a happy song and it lifts my spirits enormously.

I'm off to find my Jimmy Buffett CD. Off to see the lizard . . . Now there's some tunes that make me smile and dance and feel like a kid again!

No comments: