Thursday, February 19, 2009

Beach photos

About a year ago my daughter found photos of me and moved them into her photo box. That was pretty amazing since, at the time I didn't think she liked me. Turns out she thought it was cool to have a hippie mom. She figured her 20 year old self was a lot like my 20 year old self and she thought that was pretty neat. I moved the photos back to my stash so I wouldn't lose them.

This photo and a couple other ones were taken at the beach next to the Santa Monica pier by a boy I liked. He was in my theatre/stagecraft class, and a group of us all hung out together. I was awfully shy about boy stuff so I don't imagine he ever knew I liked him. Or if he did, he never let on.

This was taken the summer before I left for college. We moved about 50 miles away sometime after this and I lost touch with a lot of my school friends. . .

. . . I am back in touch with my friend who took this photo and a few of the other folks who did theatre in our high school. There's something nice about talking with people who knew that girl in the photo. It makes her feel not so long ago and far away!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like the photo of you; you look playful and serene at the same time......glad that you are back in touch with this time of your life....