Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who am I writing for anyway?

I do not write this blog for anyone but me. I'm not sure anyone but me sees it. Which is really ok. But I have another blog that I really, truly, madly wish more people would go to and leave comments and think I am wonderful and a cool artist and like that.

D'ya think when you want acknowledgment as much as I do, it just does not come? And it's funny, ironic really, that I want this acknowledgment from people I have never met. I guess it's cuz I see their blogs and they are beautiful (the blogs), and they are all writing wonderful comments to each other. Or so it seems to me.

I did send my blog address in our Christmas letter this year and only one of my friends has gone to it and posted comments. Maybe blogs are like Facebook and all my friends are just too old to consider it. Or maybe they don't like me either. OK, I am getting silly. I know my friends like me. I just wish more people would visit and comment.

There is one woman in the artful blogging world who writes something every day. She always has pictures and really great art. I truly admire her. And usually NO ONE has commented. And I wonder, when I see no comments, does she feel slighted? She seems so calm and happy in her posts and I hope she doesn't care. Cuz if I put in that much effort, I would care that no one comments. (Well actually I think that is what this whole post is about, isn't it?) And I do post comments for her, but I don't do it every day. Not cuz I don't want to, but I've never met her and I do not want to appear to be a stalker. But she inspires me and I do tell her so when I comment.

This has been kind of a whiny post. I was going to say, so what, no one will read it, but of course this is the time someone will discover it (how, I have no idea).

It is probably time to avoid checking the comments lines of my and the other blogs I follow and post when I want and do it just for me. It is probably also the time for me to say, "Goodnight Gracie." "Goodnight Gracie."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't necessarily feel that not leaving comments on a blog is a slight. Sometimes, at least in my case, I read someone's blog daily but don't always feel I "know" them well enough to leave a comment... or something silly like that, at any rate. Sometimes, the most poignant entries are the ones that stick with me for weeks, and that is the reason I don't comment.

BTW -love the beach pic in the post above.