Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wise Words From Glinda

Has anyone ever noticed how The Wizard of Oz is one of those perfect stories? It touches me so often. I love the books. I love the movie. I love the truths it tells about life and love and family. And I wish the Wizard, humbug or not, would give me a heart, brains, courage and a sense of home right where I am.

I struggle daily with my less than stellar ability to open a venue for selling stuff. It could be the antique shop in my barn. Or handmade items on Etsy. Or a combination at the flea market this summer.

I want to know why I don't. I want to blame someone. I want to stop blaming myself or stop wondering what is the block that keeps me stuck. It is very wise to remember resistence equals persistence. It probably would be wise to just get over myself! Still I don't have the answer.

This would be a good post to have the thundering hoards reading so they could all tell me what to do. They aren't. Maybe just as well. My mom used to call me Mistress Mary, quite contrary. But I think that's just cuz I wouldn't do what she wanted me to do. Would I do what commenters told me to do? I don't know.

Would it help if I asked for exactly what I wanted? Ok, here goes. I want the beautiful fairy godmother (she looks like Glinda the Good) to wave her magic wand and say in her beautiful voice, You have had the secret inside you all along. You don't need to go searching over the rainbow when all the love you need is right there where you are. There's no place like home, there's no place like home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are absolutely right: Your ruby slippers are on your feet this very moment, and you just need to be courageous enough to truly want what it is you want....... and then, go after it.

It is not for the faint hearted, that is true! But, if you believe, it will be. I know that to be true in life.

I love your site name, your EJ song lyrics, and your willingness to ask for help. But, the truth is, you know the answers. Sit still and listen, and be brave, you can do it!!!!

Good luck, and I am putting you on my blog roll; I will be back!!! Peace, Vanessa

Susan said...

(digging through dress-up box in search of Lucy's wand....)