Friday, June 5, 2009

A Silly Rant

When did people start calling California "Cali?"

And why?

I have never in my life heard any one who lives there call it that. My extended family has lived there lots of years, they don't call it that! The kids I went to school with don't either. But recently I have noticed a whole bunch of folks in the blogosphere calling it Cali.

Don't ask me why it bugs me, but it does! aarrgghh!

So if you are visiting, say you're going to California. And if you have to abbreviate, use the postal codes of CA or Calif. But don't call it Cali. It kinda makes you sound like you haven't got a clue.

I hope I don't get a lot of angry mail.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I totally agree. Tini. :)

Unknown said...

Hey, your state, your choice. It is okay by me. I am not sure where they has come from, but I have seen it as well. How are you faring financially out there; is bankruptcy inevitable? I hope not for all of your sakes there.