Sunday, August 9, 2009

When All Else Fails, Move Furniture.

I can't say it's been a bad week, just a very exhausting one.

I had to go to the city to sign a lease for my daughter's new apartment. As long as I was going, I decided to bring things she would want or need. It took a day to find stuff, also to buy cleaning supplies. Being out in this heat wasn't fun. Then up to the 4th floor walk-up 6 or more times and I was ready for a nap!

I've been worried about my business, It's a bit slow and I'm not sure there's anything I can really do to bring more people in. I hope it will pick up. I still have so many things to do each day and the worry I am experiencing has also gotten to me a bit.

And then my husband did not take the microwave to the dump today. I should be nicer. I should be kinder, I shouldn't pout or say how disappointed I am, (at least according to the voice in my head that sounds just like my mother), but that damn thing is big and took up almost all our kitchen counter space, the inside paint is flaking so it can't be used anymore, and he promised he would get rid of it. whew! run-on and whine-y.

So, I moved furniture. Bookcases to be exact. I do not know what it is about rearranging books and bookcases that soothes. But I notice in times of stress I turn to books anyway. I didn't have the peace to sit still and read, but I could re-assembled an IKEA bookcase and put it where it would be useful. I've put so many of those bookcases together, I actually could assemble it without instructions.

I have to find the shelves, but I'm done for the day. I'm glad tomorrow starts another week. I'd like it to be better somehow.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Quite sure it will be better somehow. So far so good at this end!