Saturday, August 22, 2009

Songs To Make You Smile

I have On Demand on the tv and they're previewing Joe Cocker. What is it about his voice that is so wonderful? What is it about songs from my youth that are so compelling? Is it that they remind me of the hopeful future? Or it is just they made me smile then and they still make me smile?

Joe Cocker has nothing to do with what I came over here to write about, but who can ignore him? I'm not sure anyone before or after has taken a Beatles tune and made it so very much their own.

I'm rather glad to have been distracted by "A little help from my friends," cuz I came over here to kvetch. I have this great shop. Today two ladies commented on how peaceful it felt, how much they liked it. But they didn't buy anything. And I'm not selling a lot of stuff. Over in the pretty pink blog world, friends are posting pictures of things they have bought or gotten in swaps that they love. And guess what? That's the kind of stuff I have for sale in my shop.

I was just feeling sad that the people who would probably love my shop (and buy stuff) just don't live or vacation here to take advantage of it. And I'm probably not going to sell where they live. And I'm tired a lot from the long days.

And now Joe Cocker is back and who can be upset when he sings? And maybe I'll get by with a little help from my friends . . .

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Have you thought about adding an on-line component to your store? How about you post some pictures here and show us your cute wares?