Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

My local Borders bookstore was having a blow-out on CD's and DVD's. Seems they can't really compete with the likes of discount stores. Their decision was my gain, sort of.

I have always liked teen-age TV shows. I watched Dark Shadows and Mod Squad as a teen-ager.

My daughter & I watched Gilmore Girls together. I think she was 13 when the show started. I'm not sure she was always talking to me. I don't remember us liking each other too much then. But, we both liked Rory and Lorelei and somehow it bonded us. We could discuss that mother-daughter team and I don't know what it was, but things were never as bad after that.

So, when boxed sets of a fav of mine went on sale for 50% off, I bought the remaining seasons I didn't have. I have been watching it in the afternoons this week when I should be working on a business I am putting together.

Despite being quite past the teen years, I really remember what it felt like. So the shows that deal with teen angst, unrequited love, outsiders, pretty girls that no one pays attention to. . . they still kind of resonate. My daughter is away at college, so I watch these shows by myself and don't let on how much I like them!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, Dark Shadows and Mod Squad! I remember Dark Shadows came on in the afternoon after I got home from school. I thought the women were so beautiful!

My daughter and I used to watch Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven together. Funny how TV can make real memories.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad I found yours!

Leslie said...

I just caught onto this show recently when Younger was watching a few episodes. Wish it was something we had all watched together.